Driving & Pedestrian Safety
The safety of our students, parents, staff, and community is a top priority at Crest View. It takes everyone following some basic guidelines to make sure drop-off and pick-up is a safe and smooth process.
- Use the Hug & Go lane. Staff is available during drop-off and pick-up times to make sure your children get in and out of the car safely. There is no parking in the Hug & Go lane - stay in your car.
- Absolutely no cell phone usage in school zones. Put it down!
- Obey posted speed limits.
- Give yourself extra time so you are not rushed, especially during inclement weather.
- Parents are invited to park in the school parking lot at the corner of 19th and Sumac, or in the lot on Upland. No parking on Sumac Ave.
- Right-turn only when exiting the parking lot between 7:20-7:55 am and 2:25-3:00 pm.
- No U-turns in school zones.
The Boulder Municipal Code states: 7-4-21. - U-Turn Prohibited. No driver shall make a U-turn: (1) If a traffic control sign is in place prohibiting U-turns or left turns; (2) Upon any curve or upon the approach to or near the crest of a grade, where the turning vehicle cannot be seen for three hundred feet by the driver of any other vehicle that might approach from either direction; or (3) Unless such movement can be made in safety. U-turn means the movement of a vehicle on a street or within an intersection or junction so as to proceed in approximately the opposite direction from that in which the vehicle was originally proceeding. CRS 42-4-902 - Limitations on Turning around (3) Local and state authorities, within their respective jurisdictions, subject to the provisions of section 43-2-135(1)(g), C.R.S., in the case of streets which are state highways, may erect “U-turn” prohibition or restriction signs at intersections or other locations where such movements are deemed to be hazardous, and, whenever official signs are so erected, no driver of a vehicle shall disobey the instructions thereof.
Stay alert and follow the rules of the road.
- Stop at all crossings to make sure traffic has stopped for you.
- Bikes, scooters, etc. should use the circle drive in front of the school instead of the sidewalk by Hug & Go.
- Be sure to lock your bike at one of our three bike racks (southwest, northwest, and northeast of the school).